Sunday 24 April 2016

Work lawns tiling , repeat .....plus locking info

It's my record to look back on of course, but that is what I have been doing. The lawns bit is a boating lawn - or grass on a mooring that saw me over to Percy to clear off this job.


I picked up some interesting info from NB Valerie - the C&RT locking report. Click here  

It shows how busy my stretch of the canal is  - with Woodend lock being the 6th busiest on the system. However it also shows the impact of the ceasing of the Shakespeare fleet out of Mercia and the running down of the CanalTime out of Sawley that both targeted Fradley as a destination. Locks such as Wychnor  and Stenson are down 8% on use showing the reduction in holiday boating in my areas.

This time last year of course I was resident on the boat and planning for an imminent return to bricks and mortar prior to taking Percy to be painted.... where did that year go ? Now I am planning the reverse move .... even got my rod license sorted.

No comments: