Sunday 21 February 2016

The red carpet cinema experience

For those midlands based boaters I can fully recommend the Red Carpet cinema experience that is based at Barton Turns marina. I think I prefer Barton to Mercia, it might be that is is a more established marina but the facilities seems broader and more established.



We treated ourselves to their Valentine special - it was our 31st wedding anniversary after all. It was a film then a three course meal while we were entertained by a very competent 3 piece band. They do a cinema and meal package that we may take advantage of next weekend to see the Dads Army film.

When we were there last weekend there did not seem too many people aboard - a non scientific count of lights and smoke from boats.  It does amuse me that such facilities are born out of a big pond to keep canal boats in, I wonder what the old boatmen would have thought of such facilities.

Of course you can travel there by boat.... we did last year....click me 

No comments: