Sunday 24 May 2015

Gailey looking empty but not by canal


This time last year it was Somerset  - my blog post a bank holiday in the wet this year the annual Honda Deauville meet is Shropshire, Staffordshire & Derbyshire doing two routes over two days.


We are not in the hotel only being 40 minutes by bike. On route to the hotel for the meet I pass the toll cottage/tower so I stopped and took this pic for my blog. Empty, which is not as it was last time we came through, I recall we watered up while in the queue for the lock !!

About 30 mins from home to Gailey in the bike, when we take Percy down to the Stourbridge we will pass Gailey but it will be 2-3 days to get there, boating really is the opposite of biking !

As to the run yesterday, not too many photos. I was at the back of the ride to be dropped off for problems .... first one being the bike leader and event organisers bike breaking down 3 mies into the 160 mile ride and having to be recovered home ! Poor Kieran



Then it was a stop for a bike and pillion who was having a hypoglycaemic episode, got them back to the group after administering an emergency banana. Followed by a comfort break by one of the group which ended up me taking them on a tour of Shropshire as my Sat nav decided it knew better-  -it did not. 260 miles for yesterday by the time I got back to the hotel then flew back past Gailey and home for a BBQ at Sharon, my Sister in Laws  new house.

We passed Turners garage and went under the aquaduct at Stretton.... the four counties by bike.... I am sure I have done similar before

Today is Derbyshire and I am joining later waiting on Rachel so off to Buxton. One year I'll do the Crick show !!

No comments: